The open house of SOUND - a center for arts and healing that had been postponed is now happening Saturday, January 5th and Sunday, January 6th.
Located in the historic Hawleyville Chapel in Newtown, SOUND provides a space for awakening the human spirit through positive experiences in the arts. Parents and children will delight in the programs offered which include:
- Early childhood music classes
- Private music instruction for children and adults on most instruments & voice
- Music therapy
- Group music & movement classes & workshops
- Creative arts classes
- Meditation groups
- Spiritual and Personal growth workshops
- Energy & Sound Healing Consultants
- SOUND events and concerts
- Expressive and Mindful birthday parties (coming soon!)
Stop by for one or both open houses:
- Saturnday, January 5th from 10:30 to 2:00: sing-a-long with Music Together of Monroe/Newtown and music making fun with instruments for ages birth to six
- Sunday, January 6th from 10:30 to 2:00: Mindfulness, Awareness and Healing
*10:30 am ~Stretch & Glow Yoga (K-3rd grade)
*11 am ~Stretch & Glow Yoga (4th and up)
*1 pm~ Vinyasa Yoga (adult class)
SOUND is the brain child of local new-age composer and music educator, Jennifer Zulli.
Jennifer had a vision to create a space that would be a blend of music and arts with their innate spirituality and mindful living. Sound is a place where people can learn to connect and ignite their spirit through arts, as well as quiet their mind through meditation and personal growth classes.
SOUND is sure to be a welcome and valuable addition to the community.
SOUND is located at 31 Hawleyville Rd off exit 9 in the Historic Hawleyville Chapel