- Ages 5 and Up (birth years 1998-2007) - All Skill Levels Welcome
- Begins the week of August 20th and runs through the end of October, weather permitting.
- Weekly practices and 6-8 games against in-town teams and possibly out of town teams at the older level.
- Register by August 20th to avoid $20 late fee.
- 10% sibling discount.
- Cost: $125
- For questions regarding the Rec Program, please contact Tom Mulligan firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Newtown Softball Travel program has a history of success dating back over 10 years. Teams at every age group have traditionally been strong contenders in the Fairfield County, Babe Ruth and Central Valley Leagues. We have also been competitive in the USSSA, PONY and independent tournaments.
- Travel Tryouts will be held the weekends of August 18/19 and August 25/26.
- Players are encouraged to attend both sessions to make the most of their evaluation.
- Time slots will be based on birth year(s) and will be announced in early August.
- Independent evaluators will be involved in the scoring and selection process.
- Cost will be determined based on the number of girls participating.
For more information and to register please visit www.newtownsoftball.org (Click on the “REGISTER Online” button) or email Crystal Carvalho, Travel Director, email@example.com.
- Divisions include:
U10: Birth years: 2002-2003
U11: Birth year: 2001
U12: Birth year: 2000
U14: Birth years: 1998-1999
This team is intended for those players that are looking to compete on a high level and have the ambition and ability to play on the high school level. This is a very competitive team and players will be showcased to college scouts. The expectations of this team include hard work, dedication, and commitment, and sportsmanship, player's ability to participate on the AAU and HS level and provide the opportunity for players to be instructed at a high level with professional coaches. Players selected for this team will be considered for the Summer 2013 Season National Tournament Team. This team is being sponsored by Mattingly Sports.
Player Fee: a $995 non-refundable payment is due at the time the player is selected.
August 17, 2012, 5PM - Peekskill Stadium - Skills Session
August 18, 2012, 10AM - Peekskill Stadium - Scrimmage Session
PLAYERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
BOTH TRYOUT DATES
For more information call: 914-299-0346