The Maryland champions from Boyds have advanced to the Cal Ripken World Series semifinal after going 3-1 in pool play.
The semifinals were set Wednesday night after the final day of pool play, with four international and four American teams advancing to Friday's playoff round in .
Have photos from the Cal Ripken World Series? Add them to this post!
The United States teams include the representatives from the Southeast (Jupiter, FL), Middle Atlantic (Bronx, NY) and Pacific Southwest (Mililani, HI), as well as Maryland.
International semifinalists include defending champs Japan, as well as Korea, Dominican Republic and Mexico.
A consolation round was added to the tournament this year, and will be played out Thursday. Australia and New England play at 3 p.m., and Canada and Harford County meet at 5:30 p.m.
All games will be played at .
There will also be an all-star game at 8 p.m. Thursday. Participants are listed below:
- Australia » Jack O'Loughlin, Alex Hall, Jett Wright, Jess Williams
- Harford County » Sean D'Adamo, Jake Johnson, Andy Dodd, Nick Sulzbach
- Ohio Valley (Mattoo, IL) » David Johnson, Brock Moncel, Dalton Armes, Garrette Branson
- Midwest Plains (Lamar, CO) » Lucas Salazar, Davin Jacobs, Andres Guevara, Colton Eberhardt
- Canada » Soren Graversen, Kyle Bloor, Josh Dobberthien, Zach Goruk
- Southwest (Little Rock, AR) » Connor Cline, Trey Harris, Blake Schluterman, Seth Van Dover
- Pacific Northwest (Longview, WA) » Brett Coons, Zachary Brown, Andrew Walling, Jack Childers
- New England (Newtown, CT) » Lucas O’Brien, Adam Bergeron, Connor Barrett, Jason Hebner