Harvey is a six-foot-tall rabbit invisible to everyone except Elwood, much to the exasperation of his sister, Veta. In an attempt to save the family’s social reputation, Veta takes Elwood to the local sanatarium. Then a comedy-of-errors begins when the doctors mistakenly commit his anxiety-ridden sister. Elwood—and Harvey—slip out of the hospital unbothered, setting off a hilarious whirlwind of confusion and chaos as everyone in town tries to catch a man and his invisible rabbit.
Harvey will debut Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the Newtown High School auditorium. Shows are Thursday, Nov. 15, through Saturday, Nov. 17, at 7:30 p.m., with a matinee on Sunday, Nov. 18, at 2 p.m. The run-time is approximately two hours, including two brief intermissions.
Tickets will be sold only at the door. Adults are $12, students $10 and faculty $8.
Harvey is co-directed by seniors Josh Goldman and Sean Watkins. NHS teacher, Jane Matson, is the group’s advisor and teacher Tom Swetts is the crew advisor.
- Elwood P Dowd: Joey DeVellis
- Veta Simmons: Alison Kron
- Myrtle Mae Simmons: Emily Crebbin
- Dr Lyman Sanderson: Thomas Primavera
- Nuse Ruth Kelly: Melanie Curtis
- Dr William Chumley: John Mudgett
- Duane Wilson: Aidan Petershack
- Judge Omar Gaffney: Nick Madden
- Ethel Chauvenet: Kirsten Liniger
- Betty Chumley: Sami Chanko
- EJ Lofgren: Kyle Watkins
- Stage Manager: Mitchell Girgasky
- Technical Directors: Colby Chilson, Nick Shannon
- Construction: Britt Pearson, Nick Shannon
- Lights: Mitchell Girgasky, Eric Greto
- Sound: Justin, Kevin Liniger
- Props and Costumes: Kylie Gallagher, Emma Sullivan
- Artistic Supervisor: Lindsay Fuori