As of 5:45 p.m., Thursday, June 23, the Newtown school district received seven bids for a 5-year school bus contract.
All of the amounts were preliminary and subject to change based on a closer examination of bid documents and contract requirements, district business director Ron Bienkowski said late Thursday.
At the moment, the amounts may not be comparable as they may include different services, Bienkowski said. Officials have to go through the bid documents and analyze the details to ensure the services and amounts are comparable and if not, what the differences are.
- MTM Transportation, Inc: $9,957,902
- All-Star Transportation LLC: $10,207,896
- First Student, Inc: $11,049,663
- DATTCO: $11,405,584
- Newtown Owner Operators: $11,728,895
- Durham School Services: $11,966,409
- Baumann & Sons Buses Inc: $13,063,200