On Monday, September 2, 2013 the Town of Newtown will be holding the 52ND annual Labor Day Parade. It is important to note that the parade will start at 10:00 a.m. this year. The parade will necessitate the closure of all roads leading to the center of Town.
The specific closures are as follows:
- Rte 25/Mt Pleasant Road South at Reservoir Road
- Main Street access from Academy Lane, Currituck Rd, Hanover, School House Hill,and West Street.
- Church Hill Road Westbound at The Boulevard- Rte. 302 at Elm Drive
- Rte. 25 North at Elizabeth St. (Detour for Rte. 25 N will be Wasserman Way)
- Queen St. North at Elizabeth St.
The following roads will have “No Parking” signs erected on them and will be considered tow away zones:
- The Boulevard (from Church Hill Road to School House Hill Rd)
- School House Hill Road (from the Boulevard to Main Street)
- Hanover Road (From Main Street to Hall Lane)
- Elm Drive (from Rte. 302 to Hawley Rd)
- Meadow Rd. & Elizabeth St. (One side only)
The roads will be closed from approximately 9:40 am to approximately 1:15pm.