Three Danbury men where stopped by police minutes after allegedly conspiring to burglarize a Newtown home.
Armando Guzman, 18, Victor Benitez-Solorzano, 19 and Alejandro Remidio, 18, all of Danbury, face multiple charges after police stopped them on Pole Bridge Rd. in Newtown on Nov. 9 at approximately 11:53 a.m.
Each man is being charged with:
- Conspiracy to commit third-degree burglary
- Conspiracy to commit first-degree criminal trespass
- Conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny
- Conspiracy to commit destruction of evidence
- Conspiracy to commit third-degree criminal mischief
Guzman was also charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license.
According to police, Newtown PD received a report of three males on the property of a Pole Bridge Rd. home attempting to gain access to the residence. When officers responded they observed a vehicle matching the description provided by the complainant leaving the area. The vehicle was stopped and following a brief investigation the men were taken into custody.
All three men were released on $5,000 bonds and are scheduled to appear in Danbury Superior Court on Nov. 27.