A Newtown man was found dead in a Stamford hotel, apparently from a overdose, according to Stamford Police Capt. Richard Conklin.
The man, identified as Travis Long, 29, was discovered at America's Best Value Inn.
The motel in which the man was found was thesite of a sizable heroin bust recently, where police discovered $87,000 worth of high-grade heroin following a motor vehicle stop.
Conklin said autopsy results have not been returned yet as the recent winter storm has caused a backup at the medical examiner's office. The case remains under investigation, but Conklin said the death does not appear suspicious at this time.
Conklin said the city has seen a bit of heroin activity in recent months, with dealers taking quick trips into New York for cheap drugs with which they can make a quick turn-around, and drugs occasionally moving through the city itself.
Conklin said trends in rising heroin purity have led over the years to it becoming more common for users to snort the drug. He said snorting, as opposed to intravenous drug abuse, has made the drug more appealing to a broader audience.