Saturday December 14 from 9am-8pm, Newtown residents are invited to the NYA for “FAMILY OPEN PLAY.”
Unlike previous “Open Plays” that NYA has hosted over the last year, this “Family Open Play” format is not a child drop off day. Instead, this day is about providing families a safe media free opportunity to play with neighbors, friends and each other. Multiple games and activities will be provided to encourage this theme. All residents should feel welcome to attend and join in at any capacity they’d like.
There is no registration, but waivers must be completed upon arrival.
Day’s Events & Timing: The building will be open from 9am- 8pm. There will sporting equipment available for free game activity in any space not being used during the structured time line below:
- 10:00a-4:00p: Bounce House, Slide & Obstacle Course for 3-14 years old in the Field House Court-side Turf Area.
- 10:00a-1:00p: Organized Family Soccer Games for all ages on the Turf Area
- 1:00p-2:00p: Volleyball Games for all ages in the Field House
- 2:00p-4:00p: Basketball Games for all ages in the Field House
- 1:00p-4:00p: Whiffle Ball & Kickball Games for all ages in the Field House Tennis Court
- 4:00p-8:00p: Basketball Games for 14 Years and Older in the Field House Tennis Court
Updates regarding this event can be found @http://nyasportsfitness.com