As with any town, there are things in our town that we all complain about on a regular basis. Some days it is the budget or the taxes that makes us disgruntled; on other days it’s politics, the schools or the traffic.
However, I am constantly reminded of how many things are really wonderful about this town. I was especially aware of how great this town was last fall when we suffered two very difficult events, a hurricane and then a freak winter storm in October.
During those times, I saw people all over this town reach out to each other with kindness and generosity. Everywhere I went during those stressful days without power, street lights and groceries, I saw people treat each other in a way that makes this community a very unique place to live.
There is nothing hard about “selling” our town to people who come here. Here are a few additional reasons why I love living and working in this special town:
- $2 movies at
- Our charming main street with the American flag flying over it
- The Flagpole “round-about” that teaches us to take our turn
- Our distinctive newspaper,
- The wonderful and annual book sale
- A rockin’ Labor Day Parade
- Our engaged local community bank,
- The luminaries at Christmas time and tree lighting
- The new that grows vegetables for residents in need
- The that brings local produce to us
Please add your own…