Newtown's Labor Day parade narrowly avoided rain -- both before and after. Starting at 10:00 a.m., the parade wrapped down Main Street and up Queen Street to its "finish line" at the corner of Queen and Church Hill Road.
The winning floats:
Best Musical Entry
- Senior: Connecticut Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps (Runner-up: Manchester Regional Pipe Band)
- Junior: Marching Cobras (Runner-up: Bernadettes)
- St. Rose of Lima (Runner-up: the 12/14 Foundation)
- Cub Scout Troop 270
- St. Rose of Lima School
- Night of Music
- Connecticut Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps
- Barnum Museum's "We Choose Love"
- The 12/14 Foundation
- Sandy Hook School