Hartford, Conn. (July 22, 2013) – On September 23, 2013, forty individuals, all under the age of 40, will be recognized at the 17th annual 40 under Forty Awards Ceremony at the Connecticut Convention Center from 5:00-9:00 p.m. The event, produced by the Hartford Business Journal, will honor outstanding young professionals in the Greater Hartford area.
“This year’s honorees were chosen from more than 125 nominations. They are leaders in their respective fields and committed to bettering the communities in which they live and work,” said Gail Lebert, publisher of the Hartford Business Journal. “We are delighted to recognize their accomplishments and wish them continued growth and success."
The winners were determined by an independent panel of judges (all 40 Under Forty alum).
The 2013 40 Under Forty winners include:
- Anthony Barrett, Boys & Girls Club (Bloomfield resident)
- Joseph Bierbaum, Stone Academy (Wethersfield resident)Matthew Boehm, Unified Financial Services (Hartford resident)
- Mario Bruno, American Red Cross CT and RI (Glastonbury resident)
- Matthew Carbray, Carbray Staunton Financial Partners LLC (Hartford resident)
- Ray Cocozza, Conveyco Technologies, Inc. (Southington resident)
- Maria Conlon, Barnum Financial Group (Derby resident)
- Dawn Crayco, End Hunger CT! (Middletown resident)
- Christopher Davis, State of Connecticut (Ellington resident)
- Marc DiBella, 3D Consulting, LLC (Hartford resident)
- Derek Donofrio, Fathom (West Hartford resident)
- Sara Beth Donovan, Mintz & Hoke (West Hartford resident)
- Brandon Dufour, All-Star Driver (Watertown resident)
- Brandon Frame, High School, Inc. (East Windsor resident)
- Meghan Freed, Freed McKeen LLC (Hartford resident)
- Emily Gianquinto, Reide and Riege (Hartford resident)
- Alyssa Goduti, Community Health Resources (Cromwell resident)
- Terese Guerrero, NBC Connecticut (West Hartford)
- Melissa Harris, Co:lab (Newington resident)
- Tauheedah Jackson, Boys & Girls Club (Meriden resident)
- Michael Kolosky, Robinson & Cole LLP (Middletown resident)
- Julie Krug, Junior League of Hartford (West Hartford resident)
- Carolyn Kuan, Hartford Symphony Orchestra (Hartford resident)
- Heather Lombardi, Barter Business Unlimited (Bristol resident)
- Jeremy Lowe, Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP (Farmington resident)
- Concetta Maratta, ESPN (East Berlin resident)
- Michael Mascaro, Comcast Cable Systems (East Windsor resident)
- Brian Mauriello, Kinsley Power Systems (Newtown resident)
- Paul Mounds Jr., Office of Gov. Dannel Malloy (East Hartford resident)
- Reem Nouh, Adams & Knight, Inc. (Simsbury resident)
- Nathan Quesnel, East Hartford Public Schools (Portland resident)
- Joshua Reese, Camp Courant (East Hartford resident)
- Jennifer Rizzotti, University of Hartford (Glastonbury resident)
- Carrie L. Rocha P.E., CTfastrak (Holden, MA resident)
- Kendrick Trevor Roundtree Sr., First Step Foundation (Farmington resident)
- Shaun Sheridan, Whittlesey & Hadley (Hartford resident)
- R. Scott Slifka, Mayor, West Hartford (West Hartford resident)
- Jack Soos, Pratt & Whitney (Hartford resident)
- Caitlin Thayer, Barefoot Media (Hartford resident)
- Julia Wayner, Mass Mutual (Glastonbury resident)
The 17th annual 40 Under Forty Awards Gala will feature networking with hundreds of Greater Hartford’s movers and shakers followed by dinner. Admission to the event is $85/ticket and $750 for a table of 10 ($95/850 after September 17th.) To register or for more information, contact Brian Baum at BBaum@HartfordBusiness.com or 860.236.9998 ext 134, or register online at www.hartfordbusiness.com.
For more information about the winners and the event, visit www.hartfordbusiness.com.
The 2013 40 Under Forty Awards are brought to you by Comcast Business Class (presenting sponsors); Cox Business, Panera Catering, WDRC AM 1080 and DRC-FM 102.9 (event sponsors) in association with Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (HYPE). Event partners include: J. Fiereck Photography, Keep in Touch, R2 Graphics, Rider Productions, CT Convention Center, The Perfect Promotion; Co-Communications, Marketing & Public Relations.
About Hartford Business Journal
Hartford Business Journal is the only audited weekly, subscription-based business publication in Connecticut. Whether it’s market trends, the latest merger news or an update on state government, this award-winning weekly is the “must read” for area business leaders. HartfordBusiness Journal has a total readership of 25,000 affluent and educated business decision makers in the 61 towns that make up Metro Hartford. For more information, please visitwww.hartfordbusiness.com or call 860.236.9998.
Media Contact: Judith Weir | Co-Communications | 860.676.4400 | Judith@cocommunications.com